Practical Business-Oriented Legal Advice + Creative Problem Solving
Mr. Gelles emphasizes adding value for clients by providing practical, business-oriented legal advice, managing risks, and creating beneficial outcomes and business relationships for clients.
Mr. Gelles is known for the quality of his legal work and for his creative deal structuring and analytical skills, innovative problem-solving capabilities, and ability to resolve difficult situations involving complex issues, overlapping areas of law and matters involving multiple jurisdictions.
Mr. Gelles provides a “concierge” level of personal service for select clients, combined with the skills and insights of a qualified and experienced U.S. and international lawyer and business counselor.
In order to service client needs, Mr. Gelles is able to draw upon an extensive network of other U.S. and international professionals, with expertise in particular specialty areas, so as to be able to provide services to clients on a multi-disciplinary and global basis.
In addition to representation of his own clients, Mr. Gelles frequently is requested to assist other professionals and professional firms in servicing their clients and to provide consulting services with regard to special projects, including litigation matters in areas related to his expertise.
Areas of Emphasis
- Legal counsel to select U.S. and international private clients in regard to business, real estate and personal matters
- Legal counsel to U.S. and international investors and developers in regard to crossborder transactions
- U.S. and international real estate and business acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, financings and commercial transactions
- U.S. and international contract negotiation
- Business, real estate and contractual advisory services for artists, creative professionals and nonprofit arts organizations
- Crossborder investment transactions
- Strategic planning, operational assistance, and dispute resolution problem-solving